The Kentucky Derby is filled with tons of tradition and heritage. Back in 1872 when the Kentucky Derby began its history. Lewis Clark Jr the founder of the Kentucky Derby, Louisville Jock Club, and the builder of the Churchill Downs; envisioned a racing environment that would feel comfortable and luxurious. He had his eyes set to attract the elegant crowd similar to the Grand Prix and Epsom Derby.
I drew my inspiration from novel The Great Gatsby written by F.Scott Fitzgerald. The 1974 version of the Great Gatsby was styled in Ralph Lauren, which blew my mind when I first heard that. But I remember watching the film with Leonardo DiCaprio and thought how amazing all the suits looked. From the casual fits to the all white suit with the yellow tie all went well with 1922.
- Blazer – brown Blazer – Ralph Lauren – $25.00
- Tie – Knit tie – S-Gents – gifted
- Waistcoat – Thrifted – $7
- Dress shirt – Denim – Balani Custom – gifted
- Pants – White pants –H&M – $30
- Shoes – Brown Loafer – Martin Dingman – $20
- Watch – Brown/silver – Fossil – gifted